We will remain closed until May 15th and hope to open the studio once it’s advised by public health authorities.
As we enter a new week of unknowns, we want you to know that the priority of the Jana team remains the same – committed to your safety. Read the extra precautionary measures taken in our studio to get an idea about our hours of operation during the outbreak of Covid 19 for your maternity and newborn photography session.
As much as we are committed to your safety by providing a clean and safe environment we also appreciate your assistance and help to make sure we as your photographers stay safe and healthy during this crisis. Once advised to re-operate we will be only accepting our newborn, baby and maternity clients, preferably those who have booked their spot ahead of time and can’t wait any longer to postpone their session. If we had any spots left to offer we would be happy to accommodate new clients.
Here is what we do to keep you and ourselves safe:
- In this sensitive job to avoid any spread of germs and making the environment safe and clean for the clients “especially pregnant moms and babies,” we always make sure everything gets washed, cleaned and sanitized after each use but with this situation, we double-check everything twice.
- We sanitize and clean up the studio, the props, and the common areas professionally and have been generously providing hand sanitizers & anti-bacterial wipes in every corner of the space.
- We work case by case only 1 session a day. We accommodate very limited numbers of people preferably in this time only mom and dad and their baby or just the pregnant couple. In our very big 1400 square feet studio space we can easily work with physical distancing. It will be only you and your photographer in the big space. You will enter the studio shoes off and hand sanitized as well as your photographer.
We don’t accept additional family members until further notice and we appreciate your understanding.
- We only schedule one session a day, so we can give ourselves and the studio enough time to get fresh and cleaned up for the next day. This will also give us at least 24 hours timeframe to have the space fully freshened up and safe for accommodating next client.
- For maternity and newborn wraps and clothing, we wash and sanitize and heat-dry them after each use.
- We don’t do any consultation sessions or any drop-in services until further notice. Everything is done via face-time or courier service.
- We will regularly be cleaning all equipment and hard surfaces throughout the studio, reception,… with disinfectant wipes and cleaning supplies multiple times throughout the day. Once you step in to our reception we will hand you the sanitizers to clean your hands and step inside.
- The building manager has added extra hands to sanitize the doorknobs, elevator keys during the business hours. There are also hand sanitizer machine right beside the elevator doors. On the other hand since the building doors are locked there are not much community traffic going on in the building. The limit in the elevator is only 2 person at a time.
- We make sure none of us comes to work if they are feeling sick or unwell. At this time there will be only the main photographer couple Nasim and Jafar taking care of the sessions. Our staff are working off site only editing images.
- However, the mask has been recommended only to wear for people who are sick but we don’t mind wearing a mask and gloves during your session. We are fully equipped.
And here is what we appreciate you to do:
- Everyone needs to fill out a questionnaire form before confirming their session.
- If you or your children are sick or have been traveling recently please ask for rescheduling. If you are feeling unwell, please take care of yourself and follow Public Health guidelines, and don’t hesitate to contact us and let us know.
- We are pretty sure you are more careful than us but If you have been in contact with travelers or have any family members visiting or travel from high-risk areas please give yourself enough time to make sure you are safe and ask for rescheduling to postpone your session.
We would be happy to help you and make sure your deposit gets transferred to the next stage or the new opening even if its a short notice.
- We appreciate it if you come prepared and on-time so we can run hour hours of operation as planned. We work by appointment only.
- We are so sorry to say that but at the moment we can’t accept the siblings who are still going to daycare. We will ask you a couple of questions before booking your session which will be either by phone or email.
Once the session is scheduled here are the steps:
- We touch base once again a day before the session. You and us will be the judge to decide how both sides are doing prior to the session.
- Once you are in the parking one of us come down to help you get into the building.
- You will be tested for fever before stepping into the studio as well as your photographer.
- Everyone takes off their shoes once entering the reception and will be handed gloves, mask and hand sanitizer if they don’t already have one.
- Your photographer will be wearing a face shield, face mask, gloves as well as an apron.
We only do 1 maternity and newborn session a day
We are here to help
We like your session to be a memorable pleasant time and a fun break in all the chaos around the world.
Jafar and Nasim – Your photographers and the co-founders of JaNa Photography, where we tell your story!
COVID19 update – Maternity and newborn photography
More from our blogs
As a studio light newborn photographer, we occasionally get questions from concerned parents about the safety of flash photography on their babies and newborn's eyes. Usually, they ask is studio flashlight safe for a newborn? Is studio flash light dangeros for baby...
What to expect at your maternity photography session?Arrival This post is about what to expect at your maternity photography session. First of all, we encourage you to come prepared with hair and makeup nicely/professionally done off-site. Upon arrival, we will...
In this article we are going read about newborn photography and dog, let's review some very important information in the beggining. Here is the question that most clients ask. Can we bring our dog for a newborn photography session? Is it safe? What should we know?...
This is a story about a Newborn photography Vancouver little Sardar, photo session. Cuttest little Sardar ❤ So lovely when parents tell us about their culture and they are willing to incorporate their tradition into their newborn session. We are grateful to be in a...
Have you ever thought about buying a newborn photography gift certificate for a friend or a family member? This might be one of the best ideas for those who you love. Why not give them the best gift for this happy occasion : JaNa Newborn Photography gift certificate ...
Oh... Look at you two!!! Today we had these gorgeous brothers from. They were 14 days and 21 months old for their newborn photography in north Vancouver session. After greeting all the family which should be mentioned here that the grandmother was also present, our...
© Jana newborn photography | Vancouver, BC
Award-winning professional photography studio. Specialized in maternity, baby, and newborn photography. Serving Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, Coquitlam BC.